The Montana Veteran Support Foundation
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN TELEPHONE SOLICITATION. ANYONE REPRESENTING US IS DOING SO FRADULENTLY.
Who We Are
We are a tax exempt 501(c) 3 under IRS rules. We have been in existence since 1993. We work exclusively with Montana veterans.
To foster, encourage and promote involvement of the well-being of all Montana veterans.
What We Do
We maintain close working relationships with congressionally-chartered national veterans organizations and federal and state agencies to provide the best assistance possible for our veterans. Nationally, through these affiliations, we have played a leading role in the passage of important legislation, including bills that created the Vet Center program, mandated healthcare benefits for victims of Agent Orange Exposure and pushing for VA payments of these benefits, advance healthcare funding for the VA, research for Mental Health Services and Traumatic Brain Injury care at the VA and we are involved with the VA Women Veterans Committee.
In addition, we are vitally involved with the service projects in most communities which include:
- Support for Veterans Service Officers doing VA claims
- Assistance for deployed Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and their families
- Agent Orange assistance programs
- Job fairs and other outreach services
- Mental health, alcohol and substance abuse programs
- Support networks for Montana veterans needing assistance
- Voluntary services in Montana VA medical centers
- Homeless veteran programs and Stand Downs
Looking at 2015
- Granted $5000 to Vietnam Veterans of America State Council for assistance to Montana chapters to conduct activities to include but not limited to:
- Assistance in personal items needed at the Columbia Falls Veterans Home
- Legislative initiatives to promote Agent Orange Toxic Exposure Bills
- Granted $300 to a Veteran family of 7 who needed food
- Granted $500 to a Veteran family for emergency needs